10 Reasons To Give Your Dog Coconut Oil
Posted by MK LIFE on
If you love all of the benefits you get from coconut oil, and we know you do, you may be wondering if you can share this magic potion with your pup. You can, and we've compiled a handy list for you so you can see just how important adding coconut oil can be for your furry BFF.
1) Coconut oil is great for your hair, but wait until you see what it does for your pooch. It's going to be like a doggy Pantene commercial up in here!
2) It's a great moisturizer, working internally & externally for healthy skin. Give as a treat or use when shampooing.
3) Apply topically to promote healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, bites, and stings. It can be especially nice on paw pads after a long walk on the hot summer pavement.
4) It's antibacterial and anti-fungal so it naturally reduces "doggy smell." We're not sure about doggy gas, but ANYTHING is worth trying to minimize THAT. Speaking of...
5 ) It improves digestion (be sure to follow feeding guidelines to avoid loose stool).
6) Love those dog kisses but wish they brushed? Use it as a "toothpaste"- extra bonus: they LOVE the taste so you won't be trying to wrestle your crazy Lab while they gnaw on the brush.
7) It can help balance insulin levels and promote normal thyroid function. This is not in place of prescribed medical options, but it can be supportive to their treatment.
8) Got a chunky monkey on your hands? It happens to the best of us. Coconut oil helps boost metabolism and can be a very effective addition to a weight loss or maintenance plan.
9) If your pup doesn't get up and go the way he used to, coconut oil can promote improved mobility in dogs with arthritis and other joint issues.
10) Finally, if your pup is getting up there in years, coconut oil is excellent to keep his mind clear.
*Remember to consult your veterinarian before making any dietary changes.